Thursday, January 11
5:00 – 7:30 PM
Featuring USGA Rule Updates, Valleybrook Tournament History, & Special Guest Jeff Sherrill, Former Caddy for Brad Faxon, Winner of the ’86 Provident Classic at Valleybrook
We cordially invite you to a night of rules and tournament history at Valleybrook Golf and Country Club. Tim Haralson, Program Director for the First Tee and Tennessee Rules Official for the Tennessee Golf Association, will be conducting a rules seminar from 5:00 to 6:30 PM. This will be a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of rules and situations before the next golf season begins.
Some of the topics to be discussed:
- New rule changes in 2023
- Rules players most likely face in competitive rounds
- New rule regarding players with disabilities
- Replacing damaged clubs
- Ball moved by natural forces
- Dropping procedures for penalty areas
- Establishing and Handicapping for events
We will also welcome former Brad Faxon caddy Jeff Sherrill, who will join us to discuss winning the 1986 Provident Classic, a PGA tournament that was hosted at Valleybrook for several years. This will be a very educational evening, and it will be a lot of fun to look back on this historic event. This will be a great night of fellowship amongst the golf community in Valleybrook as well as the city of Chattanooga.
- Hors d’oeuvres on Us | Cash Bar Open
- Cost: $20 for Members / $25 for Non-Members
- Sign Up: Call or visit the golf shop or register online via button below.